Practice and study.

WhiskyAnarchist

Practice and study.

Post by WhiskyAnarchist » Fri May 25, 2018 5:14 am

For those who have mastered chaos magick, where and how did you learn and study? How does one master the art?
"No real social change has ever been brought about without a revolution... revolution is but thought carried into action." - Emma Goldman
Micr0cosM

Re: Practice and study.

Post by Micr0cosM » Fri May 25, 2018 5:31 pm

I learned from books and practice.

I'm not sure I would consider it and art to be mastered though, more like an art form to be experimented with.

:geek:
“Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is a method of talking to the universe in words that it cannot ignore.
The two are rarely compatible.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Books of Magic
Vap0rWar3

Post by Vap0rWar3 » Fri May 25, 2018 5:44 pm

I dont think anything can be mastered. To assume the identify of the master is to declare you know everything, and are therefore incapable of learning.

For the record, I have only come into this idea and the goal of humility in the last year or so. So if you had asked before I would have told you how masterful I was, lol.
- Vap0rWar3
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
And find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
And is traveled by dark feet and dark wings

To Know the Dark | by Wendell Berry
WhiskyAnarchist

Post by WhiskyAnarchist » Fri May 25, 2018 5:52 pm

Vap0rWar3 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 5:44 pm
I dont think anything can be mastered. To assume the identify of the master is to declare you know everything, and are therefore incapable of learning.

For the record, I have only come into this idea and the goal of humility in the last year or so. So if you had asked before I would have told you how masterful I was, lol.
Just keep a constant grind and remain humble. Seems solid to me. What resources did you find particularly enlightening when you were making progress in your journey of chaos?
"No real social change has ever been brought about without a revolution... revolution is but thought carried into action." - Emma Goldman
dogwolf

Post by dogwolf » Fri May 25, 2018 7:49 pm

Am I right in assuming the idea is to stitch together what ever helps you make the connection between where you are at and what you want to achieve? So what are the most common systems? People are not too different what works for some can inspire the rest. I mean, I'm really here to get my succubus harem going and I'm willing to do some wacky shit to get the ball rolling.
Micr0cosM

Post by Micr0cosM » Sun May 27, 2018 1:56 am

For me its an evolving process.

I started with making sigils and with how to form a ritual, so creating a physical ritual space and creating a sacred space within it. I designed my own banishing ritual using elements of ones I read about. I made my own visualisation to make the space sacred and to set it up as a symbolic representation of the universe.

Then I experimented with meditation and forms of gnosis and found a niche in using a mind machine and drum tracks to induce trance states. I modded a mind machine and built a dream machine for my ritual space and got a drum machine to make the drum tracks so that I could experiment with specific frequencies.

Up to that point it was still just an elaborate way to use gnosis to launch a sigil, but it was an enjoyable process that set me up for further steps.

From there I decided to try working with gods and found a patron deity and recently I decided to do some work with Ellis and the linking sigil which has been a trip.

I still want to use my tools for divination and lucid dreaming and maybe try some more established rituals and work with other godforms and egregores, and of course a succubus harem.

What I wish to achieve is a more interesting life with more moments of wonder and of illumination.

How I recommend doing that is by stating that as your intent and watching and listening to what the universe provides, and always follow any interesting leads it provides. ;)
“Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality.
dogwolf

Post by dogwolf » Tue May 29, 2018 3:38 am

I think in the beginning most people want to see some kind of proof. Which is what I think the post maybe leading to. "When do we get proof?" is what I imagine them saying.
The idea of allocating any serious time to this is bonkers. If it isn't fun. Noo different with any faith based ideology. A few years a go I remember Jews getting bent out of shape because Mormons were baptizing dead Jews. Not digging them up (that would be wicked) but in a symbolic way. Grown ass adults were doing this. I've been to the temples and seen ceremonies that look stupid as fuck with otherwise regular people getting all up in some mystical shit.

Why?

Because it is fun. We play make believe for fun. The point for me is to have a good god damn time. I think Creation is just in it for the hell of it. I like the occult because it is fun to think about but always boring as shit to study and practice. Memorizing the enochian calls is boring. Treating the body like a temple is anti-climatic, literally, ejaculation is forbidden? Boring.

The key to me, is enjoying it. If you ain't happy coming into this, looking for a way to fix yourself, and having a shitty time of it. Well you get what you give. Like people that think being in a relationship will help them become full when in reality the relationship fails because nobody is having fun. 1 + 1/2 ain't 2. So are you having fun? If you are I would call that proof as far as working for the individual goes. Forget reverence. Bring the spirit of joy and child like elation to the front of your purpose and reason.

It is all in your head anyway. What you do with your dream is up to you.

Now, people have fun in all kinds of wonderful and twisted ways. We all have different paths, some of them clash in deadly chemistry. You should die having fun. Be ready to give it another go.

You got to dance mother fuckers. Don't wait to be asked, don't be ashamed of your tired robotic moves. Just dance, have fun, enjoy it.
But you will get what you give. Nothing gets nothing, predation brings predators. I prefer a garden to a hunting lodge. Better to fuck a god, not trap it. This is my path.

To quote a Goddess "Take chances, make mistakes, and get messy!"
Micr0cosM

Post by Micr0cosM » Tue May 29, 2018 5:30 pm

Wow, nice post. :D
Vap0rWar3

Post by Vap0rWar3 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:26 am

dogwolf, that is a hell of a way to say it, but I agree.

The need for proof immediately is the desire for effect, which sabotages the whole thing, because your conscious mind never lets go. Of course there are methods to measure success by the after effects.
- Vap0rWar3
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
And find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
And is traveled by dark feet and dark wings

To Know the Dark | by Wendell Berry
dogwolf

Post by dogwolf » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:08 am

Thanks, I think I could have just said enjoy the journey and I was wrong to over emphasis the "fun" part of it because honestly if a person is taking this serious then some parts aren't going to be fun. Some parts suck. Learn to enjoy the struggle. When you ground yourself in the ritual then the ritual seems to work. When the ritual is an after thought for the effect then it seems easy to dismiss things as failure or chance. That is the catch 22 bit isn't it? People want results but the results distract from the effort it takes to get them. The ole "I'll believe it when I see it" versus "You see what you believe."