Sigils in a bottle.

Micr0cosM

Sigils in a bottle.

Post by Micr0cosM » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:05 am

This is a project I finished work on recently.

The idea is basically the same as the idea of a “voodoo doll” but of yourself, into which you put positive intent.

This is how I decided to work it.

When I first got into magick I made a personal sigil that represents myself, as described in one of the first chapters of the psychonaut field manual. I use it in my centring meditation that I do before every ritual, so it is well charged as a personal sigil.

When deciding to do a voodoo doll type idea I considered making an anthropomorphic effigy like is commonly made, but anything I tried to make was not satisfying and didn’t work for me. Eventually I noticed a nice little whisky bottle that I had kept because I liked how it looked. So I painted it my favourite colour and attached my personal sigils to it.

I then accumulated as many physical parts as I could to create a strong magickal link. Skin, blood, semen, hair, fingernails, tears, sweat, saliva, breath. I did several rituals where I put these into the bottle while stating the intent that the bottle was the symbolic representation of myself.

Next I made a bunch of statements about myself that I want to be true. All of them in the first person and all of them positive. Such as “I have perfect self discipline” “I am a loving and attentive husband” “I am physically healthy” “I am financially successful” Those kind of statements. I considered these over the course of a couple of weeks so that I could include as many or as few as I seen fit.

In my experience you should never state what you don’t want to happen in a sigil. I once did a sigil to stop my lifelong habit of biting the inside of my cheek stating “I do not bite my cheek” and then became a little freaked out when I found myself biting my cheek almost constantly. I then rephrased it as “My jaw is relaxed and healthy” and didn’t notice until maybe 3 months later that I didn’t recall the last time I bit my cheek. Your unconscious ignores the word Don’t, at least in my experience.

So after I made a bunch of statements of intent regarding my ideal self I sigilised each of them and did a ritual to charge them all at once. Then in a separate ritual I placed them each into the bottle and sealed it with a cork and wax.

My instinct was to bury the bottle as a kind of symbolic seed but I am about to emigrate across the Atlantic and I didn’t want to have the bottle somewhere I couldn’t get it if needed.

I will most likely bury it when I get to my new home, and then try my best to forget about it. ;)
“Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is a method of talking to the universe in words that it cannot ignore.
The two are rarely compatible.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Books of Magic
Vap0rWar3

Re: Sigils in a bottle.

Post by Vap0rWar3 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:31 am

I love this concept. I brought together the components but I havent done it yet. Had some life things get in the way, where others needed my attention.

Side note, I just read about something similar, where I guy collected hair from children that were ill, placed the hair in teddy bares and gave them out at festivals for hugs. Essentially redirected the love and compassion towards healing the children.
- Vap0rWar3
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
And find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
And is traveled by dark feet and dark wings

To Know the Dark | by Wendell Berry
Micr0cosM

Re: Sigils in a bottle.

Post by Micr0cosM » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:52 pm

Wow, very cool idea.
“Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is a method of talking to the universe in words that it cannot ignore.
The two are rarely compatible.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Books of Magic