Sigil Success

abitungraceful

Sigil Success

Post by abitungraceful » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:32 pm

I cast a sigil the other week that I would be less distracted/more focused at work. Today when I turned on my computer, I opened my Chrome browser to check Twitter (naturally, the first thing one does on a typical workday……) and the cursor had disappeared. I could still move the mouse and see links changed colors as I hovered over them so it was still working, just little arrow had gone invisible, making it incredibly difficult to use. I only use Chrome for my personal websites and use a different browser for work related things, and this is ONLY happening in Chrome. Basically I can’t easily access Twitter or social media, resulting in less time spent on it, ie. less distractions.

Needless to say, I’m pretty pleased. :*:
Micr0cosM

Re: Sigil Success

Post by Micr0cosM » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:49 pm

Very cool.

It's always interesting how these things manifest.
“Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is a method of talking to the universe in words that it cannot ignore.
The two are rarely compatible.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Books of Magic
Vap0rWar3

Post by Vap0rWar3 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:02 pm

This is one of those cases where I would be pissed, lol. It works, but not like I intended. This is probably why I feel like a lawyer when working with reality.

One of those "be careful what you wish for" kinda things.
- Vap0rWar3
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
And find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
And is traveled by dark feet and dark wings

To Know the Dark | by Wendell Berry
Micr0cosM

Post by Micr0cosM » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:38 pm

Yeah,I like to think of the universe as a trickster that will often find the most inconvenient way of fulfilling your magick just to mess with you, Lol
“Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality.
abitungraceful

Post by abitungraceful » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:41 pm

Definitely inconvenient but it was too elegant to even be mad.
WhiskyAnarchist

Post by WhiskyAnarchist » Fri May 25, 2018 4:55 pm

Ive had great succes with my sigils. One of my sigils in specific, I created to help myself sleep, as i suffer from insomnia and constantly broken sleep. I casted a sigil for amazing sleep but forgot to set any kind of specific limits so for two-three days i was lethargic and sleepy at all hours of the day. It was evident that this was detrimental so i banished the sigils effects during the daytime. This was maybe two or three weeks ago, and i have been getting much better sleep since. :*:
"No real social change has ever been brought about without a revolution... revolution is but thought carried into action." - Emma Goldman
Vap0rWar3

Post by Vap0rWar3 » Fri May 25, 2018 5:41 pm

Unintended consequences are one of those things that will kick your ass. I spent a lot of time working magickal defenses against that sort of thing. Problem is, you empower it to stop you from doing something stupid, but you try to do something stupid so its your past will against your present will. Lol.

In practice I find that things that I would do magickal that would backfire, just never manifest.

Though in recent months, I would say my current will is much stronger than my past will, because I blew right through my defenses to drop a crap sandwich in my lap. -_- Thanks current me ...
- Vap0rWar3
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
And find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
And is traveled by dark feet and dark wings

To Know the Dark | by Wendell Berry
Micr0cosM

Post by Micr0cosM » Sun May 27, 2018 12:23 am

Recently I have been having what appear to be unfavourable unintended consequences which then pan out to be exactly what needed to happen. However you are only able to tell after the dust settles.

When I started doing magick I was really worried about doing something stupid that would cause harm to someone or mess up my life, but my most recent realisation is that, for me at least, causing disorder and weirdness in my life is the whole reason I do magick in the first place.

I did some stuff recently that in the short term left some people a bit weirded out and disrupted their normal pattern of life, but I decided to just go with it and watch how things rearranged themselves, and the result at present is a better state of affairs for me and for them.

This was resulting from working with Trickster gods so its not surprising how it played out, but it is surprising to me how much I enjoyed embodying that kind of energy as its something I never realised about myself before.