Angel M. Sigil Method:Let the subconcious decide the goal

Fietser

Angel M. Sigil Method:Let the subconcious decide the goal

Post by Fietser » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:09 am

Some months ago I came across a youtube video (sorry can't find it now) by Angel Maleficus in which he talked about his favorite sigilization methods.

This method i found most interesting : He told about drawing a sigil without consciously stating an intended goal.
His idea behind this was when he would just draw it (automatic drawing I guess), without first writing down the intent or even thinking about a goal that his subconcious mind would take care of putting in the intent.
This would result in not sigilizing for a goal the concious mind thinks it wants but for something the subconcious knows is needed.

He also stated that it could (seem to) backfire, in the sense that it could mess up his life somewhat on the short term by creating necesary but for the moment unpleasant changes.

What are your thoughts about this ? Has anyone tried something similar ?

I have not tested this yet maybe later on when I've some more experience with banishing :lol:
Vap0rWar3

Re: Angel M. Sigil Method:Let the subconcious decide the goal

Post by Vap0rWar3 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:15 am

I haven't sigilized like that, but I can tell you "what you want" and "what you need" are sometimes totally different. I had too many things backfire when my desire conflicted with my well being. There are a lot of ways to try and solve it, the best way being able to determine your "true will". But at the time, way back when, I took a shortcut and worked a major thing to prevent my desires bringing harm to myself or loved ones. Essentially to short out any spell that I put forward that would conflict with my greater well being.

That being said, there are difficult things that you have to work through and or confront to achieve ultimate well being. No getting around that, except stalling and never getting better.

So, with that rant behind me, I would say that its very interesting, but I would be concerned about manifesting my subconscious desires, even after I feel like I have a pretty good idea where its coming from.
- Vap0rWar3
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
And find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
And is traveled by dark feet and dark wings

To Know the Dark | by Wendell Berry
Micr0cosM

Post by Micr0cosM » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:39 am

Sounds like an interesting experiment.

I would be worried that my unconscious might desire some things that are completely against my well being to be honest.

Makes me think of the old sci-fi movie Forbidden planet. A human spaceship lands on a planet that has the remains of an alien civilisation that disappeared overnight. It turns out that this civilisation developed a massively powerful machine that could physically manifest their unconscious desires. As soon as the machine was turned on it manifested all the darkest parts of their id that they had suppressed and in so doing they destroyed themselves. Good movie despite its age. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049223/

How about if you state an intent for a divination such as "what can I change to have the biggest positive effect on my life" Then sigilise the result of the divination.

I think there was something like that in the psychonaut field manual.
“Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is a method of talking to the universe in words that it cannot ignore.
The two are rarely compatible.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Books of Magic
Fietser

Post by Fietser » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:47 am

Vap0rWar3 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:15 am
I haven't sigilized like that, but I can tell you "what you want" and "what you need" are sometimes totally different. I had too many things backfire when my desire conflicted with my well being. There are a lot of ways to try and solve it, the best way being able to determine your "true will". But at the time, way back when, I took a shortcut and worked a major thing to prevent my desires bringing harm to myself or loved ones. Essentially to short out any spell that I put forward that would conflict with my greater well being.
Cool! Your approach of putting it down as a rule for all future workings makes a lot of sense, much more then including not harming etc in every new working, which makes it hard to keep the statement of intent consise and focused.
Being a beginner and not yet having the skill to build a servitor to continously take care of this for me, I exclude unintended harm by being very selective about what I ask for, combining a tarot reading and thinking through if there are any harmless probable ways the outcome could come about before sigilizing the intent. But I realize that would not be any help to me if I used Angels method since that by passes the planning part.

To me the scary but also fascinating thing about just jumping in that way.. is that it could possibly lead to a radical The Tower card type situation, destruction to force me to rebuild instead of a more comfortable, slow evolutionary growth.
Micr0cosM wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:39 am
I would be worried that my unconscious might desire some things that are completely against my well being to be honest.

How about if you state an intent for a divination such as "what can I change to have the biggest positive effect on my life" Then sigilise the result of the divination.

I think there was something like that in the psychonaut field manual.
Yes I considered that as well, it's probably a good idea to be up to date with shadow work before attempting this. Thanks for the film and book titles. I'll check them out soon, I like old sci fi and horror, without all the special effects. Your sigilization of the divination question outcome suggestion, is definately a more sensible and very interesting way to go about this, I will try it out soon, I've added it to my list of tarot questions.