What do you all think of the Mass Of Choronzon?

Xunken

What do you all think of the Mass Of Choronzon?

Post by Xunken » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:16 pm

Many say it is very dangerous. I’m curious to see if anyone here has had any experience with it?
:*: BELIEF IS A TOOL, AND I USE IT TO MY ADVANTAGE :*:
Vap0rWar3

Re: What do you all think of the Mass Of Choronzon?

Post by Vap0rWar3 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:44 pm

I wasn't familiar with the ritual, so I looked it up. I can see why it would be dangerous. If falls in there with be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Long ago I decided that I would insulate myself against this type of thing from happening by accident. For example I conducted rituals to prevent my manifestations of desire, from harming me or my loved ones, and I am specific with how I want things to manifest. This type of ritual is truly in the vein of chaos, but I wouldn't be foolhardy enough to try it.
- Vap0rWar3
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
And find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
And is traveled by dark feet and dark wings

To Know the Dark | by Wendell Berry
Micr0cosM

Re: What do you all think of the Mass Of Choronzon?

Post by Micr0cosM » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:40 am

I was unfamiliar with the ritual also, but on reading about it I think it could either be amazing or terrifying.

As far as I understand Choronzon, he is the dweller in the abyss, the place on the tree of life between the lower tree and the top three supernals. He is what you have to pass to attain union with the Divine. He is therefore the master of illusion, as illusion is what you cling to that keeps you from crossing the Abyss and being in a state of grace, one with the universe.

So this ritual is to empower illusion and desire and manifest it into your every day experience, so therefore it can manifest your greatest desires, or those illusions that you find it hardest to let go of.

If that is what you want to get up to then I imagine it will be a crazy ride, but make sure you are prepared for actual craziness also.

Sounds very left hand path to me, and that's not my bag but, ya know, nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes if you choose to do it.

Edit:
I just realised you didn't say you were thinking of doing it, and were just asking about it, so no, I have no experience of it. :)
“Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is a method of talking to the universe in words that it cannot ignore.
The two are rarely compatible.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Books of Magic