Deities / Entities / etc, Who have you worked with and how

Vap0rWar3

Deities / Entities / etc, Who have you worked with and how

Post by Vap0rWar3 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:01 pm

This is meant to be a catch all for any Entities that you have worked with. I am considering working with other entities, to date I have only actually petitioned one god.

Things I am interested in are:
  1. Who is it?
  2. Where did you find out about them?
  3. What did you desire from them?
  4. What did you do to petition or compel them?
  5. What were your results?
  6. What did you like or dislike about the experience?
  7. What symbols, colors, etc did you find necessary or helpful for contacting this entity?
For example, I am worked with
  1. Grandfather Nodens
  2. While researching the Lovecraft mythos, I found he had incorporated entities from history
  3. Faster physical healing and mastery over my dreams
  4. Initially I started meditating on all that I had learned during my research, eventually I felt a connection, and over a period of 2 weeks I developed a ritual to directly petition and get the attention of Nodens
  5. I offered prayer/recognition and that I would make people more aware of his existance
  6. I was successful, on both fronts, and have been lucid dreaming on demand for about 2 months now
  7. Shortly after the bargain was struck, before I had gotten what I wanted, I began experiencing strange events that were abnormal and annoying, like various electronics around me, but not in the same location, turning on, then I was contacted by a minion? (not sure of a good word here) of Nodens, offering more for personal dedication, in a dream. I confronted the creature in the lucid dream, demanding we stick to the deal already worded and struck, setting it on fire. However, since that day I have gotten all that I want, with minimal impact to my life.
  8. A symbol of a left hand, darkness, a circle with an X in it, musk incense, drums, candle light, winter solstice
- Vap0rWar3
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
And find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
And is traveled by dark feet and dark wings

To Know the Dark | by Wendell Berry
Vap0rWar3

Re: Deities / Entities / etc, Who have you worked with and how

Post by Vap0rWar3 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:02 pm

I have Tezcatlipoca on my radar for the near future. Doing research now.

Tezcatlipoca is the Smoking Mirror. He is the god of the nocturnal sky, god of the ancestral memory, god of time and the Lord of the North, the embodiment of change through conflict. Together with his eternal opposite Quetzalcoatl, he created the world.
- Vap0rWar3
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
And find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
And is traveled by dark feet and dark wings

To Know the Dark | by Wendell Berry
Micr0cosM

Re: Deities / Entities / etc, Who have you worked with and how

Post by Micr0cosM » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:47 am

I mentioned on other threads about working with Anansi the spider, the god of stories.

I consider him my patron deity, and invoke him at the start of every ritual. Once, a while back I felt like I was being attacked. I was weak with lack of sleep due to sitting up with a sick wife and felt like something was closing on me every time I closed me eyes. like shadow hands coming out of smoke, distant mocking laughter. I kept repeating my banishing mantra and visualising my banishing sigil and my sphere of protection. It didn't feel like it was working, and I felt panicked. I reached out to Anansi. My sphere of protection became a spider web, spiders crawling over it attacking anything that approached. It was the first time I felt like I had received a boon from a non human entity.

My wife had been taking steroids for a lung condition and she was unable to sleep for more than a few hours for days and was getting beginning to freak out about it. I was sitting up with her, and she just happened to say "Tell me a bedtime story" I don't really know bedtime stories, but I had just read the story of Anansi, of how he had won the title of God of Stories from Tiger, using his skills of cunning and speech. So I told the story to my wife and within moments of starting it she fell into a deep sleep and slept most of the night. I feel that was a boon also.

I am beginning to work with LS the linking sigil and its associated Goddess/egregore Ellis. Ellis, The Red Queen, is also a spider deity. People place the linking sigil at places of power or on places to be empowered and this is visualised as a network of the form of a spider web.

Last night I did a ritual to formally connect with Ellis and the LS network. I did my usual banishing and invoked Anansi. Usually if I was invoking a deity I would not also invoke Anansi first, so as to give full attention to the entity invoked, but last night it felt right to keep Anansi at the same time as Ellis. It worked wonderfully. I visualised myself as a node on the network and quickly realised that every node is the centre of the network and suddenly I was a spider at the centre of a web of energy with Anansi and Ellis dancing on each side of me. I used this energy and perspective to launch a composite sigil I had created from LS to help me with my current situation.

I finished my work and closed the ritual. I left feeling energised and went to the bathroom where I found a spider in the bathtub, the first I have seen since getting to America. I helped him out on a bit of toilet paper and he waved his front legs at me.

Feels good man.
“Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is a method of talking to the universe in words that it cannot ignore.
The two are rarely compatible.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Books of Magic