Patron Deities & Chaos

abitungraceful

Patron Deities & Chaos

Post by abitungraceful » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:34 pm

I have begun to interact with an entity fairly routinely. I didn't perform any ritual with the intention of evoking her, but I first felt her on the Harvest moon last fall. This was before I discovered chaos magick, and was doing everything just by intuition. I brought an anointed candle into the park by my house, not really knowing what I was going to do with it. Every step of the way, I felt guided by something; a small rabbit was in the park and I followed it for a bit until it settled in a bright patch of moonlight. That's where I sat and lit my candle and meditated on the moon until I felt content. I extinguished the candle, pushing the remaining wax into the ground, and thanked my rabbit guide who stayed nearby the whole time.

Since then, I have started reading and learning about chaos magick, and I want her to be a part of it. I have a goddess pentacle which I have dedicated to her, and I wear when I do any kind of ritual. I don't know who she is, so I typically just call her my watcher-goddess in my head. I started thanking my watcher-goddess for good things around me: good weather, a fortunate change in circumstance, general good moods when otherwise I'd be anxious etc.

My questions are: Does anyone have a patron deity they evoke routinely and, if so, how did you figure out who they were? The least I can do is learn her name and who she is, right?

Thanks friends! :*: :cmg2:
Vap0rWar3

Re: Patron Deities & Chaos

Post by Vap0rWar3 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:43 am

I have two entities that I unintentionally invoked/created when I was a teenager. One of them in retrospect bears a striking resemblance to a god-form that was created by a community at that time. They other appears to be a projection of my shadow.

From a pragmatic perspective, it doesnt really matter where they come from, but what they do for you.

If I were to make a suggestion, I would meditate on the entity and see if details come to you. That is how I divined the intent and particulars of a deity that I worked with last year (to great success).

Just for the sake of my curiosity, can you tell me anything about this female entity? Appearance, manner, animal or time affinities? It would be pretty synchronicitic if we are working with similar entities.
- Vap0rWar3
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
And find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
And is traveled by dark feet and dark wings

To Know the Dark | by Wendell Berry
abitungraceful

Post by abitungraceful » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:57 pm

I don’t know what she looks like. She feels maternal, and the only animal I’ve identified with her is the little bunny rabbit from the fall. I have no other identifiers, that’s what’s making it difficult.
kingnine

Post by kingnine » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:53 pm

I'd just go ahead and ask her to appear to you. Close your eyes and don't think too hard, ask her to appear, and see if you get a vision, a name, a feeling, if something external (like the rabbit) happens. If the experience is meaningful to you then it worked. :cmg2:

One of the fun bits of chaos magick is that you can represent her in different ways from there. Maybe she's the nurturing, maternal parts of you; is there a paternal equivalent? Maybe she represents a Jungian archetype. Maybe she's a real goddess. Maybe extraterrestrial aliens are communicating with you and this is a form you can understand. Ha! You can decide any of these things are true or not true if they help you in the moment.
"The customer is usually wrong; but statistics indicate that it doesn't pay to tell him so."
-Aleister Crowley
Micr0cosM

Post by Micr0cosM » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:32 pm

You could try a shamanic style journey.

You use drums to induce a trance and use a visualisation where you enter the underworld and meet the beings there. You could state beforehand your intent to meet this particular entity.

On my first journey the first entity I met was a rabbit. The visualisation starts by going down a dirt tunnel which is very suggestive of a rabbit warren. Reminded me of Alice in wonderland.

If the rabbit isn't the entity itself then I'm sure it is associated with it and can show you the next step to take.
“Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is a method of talking to the universe in words that it cannot ignore.
The two are rarely compatible.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Books of Magic
MerlinArtioKallisti

Post by MerlinArtioKallisti » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:20 am

Hekate. :wic:
Micr0cosM

Post by Micr0cosM » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:42 pm

What is your experience of working with Hekate? I find her fascinating.
“Science is a way of talking about the universe in words that bind it to a common reality.
Magic is a method of talking to the universe in words that it cannot ignore.
The two are rarely compatible.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Books of Magic